Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Midnight shopping spree

Yesterday, Tuesday, was my big shopping day. I wanted to go to SuperTarget so bad because of all the great deals this week. I found a very easy to follow list on Surviving The Stores.
I ended up spending $78.28 (I could hardly believe it!). The price of all of my groceries was over $207 before discounts and coupons. I even got a $5.00 giftcard to use for the future. Joe went with me and did some shopping of for his family, too. It was nice to hang out with my brother. We were shopping late at night, completely outside of my original plans, but it worked.
The babies were at Corie and Joe's house since we were out from 8pm-1am. Once we were done at Target, he took me to a new Wal-mart with aisles of clearance items. I ended up getting over $30 of clearance items for about $7.50. My favorite purchase last night were these potholders - I know, I know - I'm a domestic diva now. I got two Neoprene Pot Holders for $1.00 each. They are rectangular, like the one on the right. They were regularly priced at $4.25/ea.
For those of you in the DFW area, the Walmart is at 6300 Oakmont Blvd, Fort Worth, TX.
My other favorite purchase were our 2 liter bottles of Coke and Sprite for $.88/ea. It was a price match with this week's Albertson's coupon/ad. (good through Tuesday)
I just read my favorite $$ saving website, Cha-Ching on a shoestring. Thank you Kaley and Wes for honoring me by making me the ChaChing Challenge winner for last week. I am so blessed to have people like you as an encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment