Wednesday, May 27, 2009

$10 hr.

Benjamin Franklin was credited with the phrase "A penny saved is a penny earned". As our company CMO, that is the only way I can contribute to our family's bottom line right now. So I figured out I am earning (read: saving) about $10 for each hour I spend on cutting, sorting, and shopping with coupons. Sometimes I do way better - (like that one week at Target) - but I average about $10/hr. I like that this activity is quantifiable.

Other CMO duties are not as quantifiable - so I am having problems with motivation to do them. For example - laundry. We have plenty of clothes, so Chad and I can go for weeks without me putting any effort into doing our laundry. I need to get this on some sort of schedule so it isn't so overwhelming.

Other examples - dusting, sweeping/mopping, doing dishes - all seems so mundane to me. I will get on a schedule though. At least than maybe I can celebrate weeks that I stay on it. That's probably going to help. I need to create my own recognition program and than get Chad's buy-in.

hmmm. I'll let you know how it goes.
M

1 comment:

  1. I have a schedule I can share! I get so excited when I stay on it! Oh, and as far as laundry goes, I just got a recipe on how to make your own detergent and cleaning supplies. Takes laundry from $.30 a load to $.05!!!

    ReplyDelete